AFA-CWA Communications Internship - $15/hour
The Communications Department at the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA), is seeking an intern for the summer of 2019.
About AFA-CWA: AFA-CWA, the Flight Attendant union, represents 50,000 Flight Attendants at 20 airlines and serves as a voice for Flight Attendants at their workplace, in the industry, in the media, and on Capitol Hill. The union works to unite all Flight Attendants to negotiate better pay, benefits, working conditions, and promotes safety, health and security for passenger and crews alike.
About the Job: Day-to-day communication at an international labor union.
• Researching topics for communications publications
• Compose online content, graphics, and layout
• Assist with media events
• Strong working knowledge and experience of HTML, CSS, and web page layouts.
• Experience with Dreamweaver a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of graphic file types: PSD, AI, JPEG, GIF, etc.
• Working knowledge of Excel
• Interest/study in communications
• Interest in economic and social justice issues
Stipend: $15 per hour with a maximum of 35 hours per week.