Thursday, August 28, 2014
The 2014 River East Emerging Leaders Awards recognizes outstanding individuals or organizations making a difference in the East of the River community.
The exceptional efforts by such residents, educators, businesses and others often go unnoticed as they prefer to work silently and behind the scenes. But their efforts are impacting the life and character of the communities we call home. The annual awards serves as r.e.e.l’s recognition and appreciation for their service, commitment and dedication to the community we call home.
Definition of Outstanding Service
Recipients of the r.e.e.l. Distinguished Service Awards have demonstrated a sustained commitment to the organization’s mission of engagement and empowerment in the East of the River community through a variety of channels, including but not limited to, neighborhood investment, volunteerism, education, prevention of crime and youth violence, increased access to healthcare and wellness care, improved options for better food nutrition and security, and raised the awareness of environmental concerns—each with a unique focus on Ward 7 and Ward 8 communities.
r.e.e.l. Distinguished Service awardees exemplify the following characteristics:
• Engage in the creation, organization, and/or mobilization of volunteers, groups and resources that are involved in projects benefiting the greater community.
• Demonstrate sustained commitment to meeting community needs.
• Utilize unique and creative approaches to meeting needs.
• Develop and foster the virtues and skills of civic engagement and social responsibility.
• Ward 7 Individual/Organization/Business
• Ward 8 Individual/Organization/Business
• Butch Hopkins Memorial Service Award: East of the River Individual/Organization/Business
• Board of Directors’ Award
• Presidential Awards