The LIFT-DC misson is to help community members achieve economic stability and well-being. We are working to establish a new standard for holistic and enduring solutions in our country's fight against poverty. We are a community-based nonprofit that engages trained advocates from area colleges and universities to serve individuals and families throughout DC. Our services are free and we have no eligibility requirements.
LIFT-DC matches individuals and families with dedicated and talented advocates who provide personalized service, support, and information for every individual's unique need, including help with:
- Creating résumés and finding jobs
- Securing safe and stable housing
- Locating education and/or job training resources
- Enrolling in public benefits programs
- Obtaining health insurance
- Receiving quality referrals for services like food, clothing, childcare, legal aid, tax preparation, and other resources.
LIFT- DC has been in the District since 1999 and works with over 1,400 individuals and families annually. In DC, LIFT also operates a site at the Perry School Community Services Center in NW.
For more information on LIFT-DC visit their website at: www.liftcommunities.org.
LIFT-DC OFFICE HOURS AT THEARC
Monday: 9am - 8pm (new extended hours)
Tuesday: 9am - 4pm
Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Friday: 9am - 4pm
Please Note: LIFT-DC is closed from 12-1pm for staff meetings
LIFT-DC is located inside of THEARC at 1901 Mississippi Avenue SE.