The Anacostia BID is comprised of thirty (30) square blocks in the southeast quadrant of Washington, D.C., bounded by all lots bordering Howard Road, S.E., between Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., and the intersection with Anacostia Drive, S.E. on the west, all lots bordering Good Hope Road, S.E., between the Anacostia River and the intersection with 18th Street, S.E.; on the north, all lots bordering Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., between S Street, S.E., and the intersection with Magnolia Street, S.E. on the east, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, S.E., and the intersection with Magnolia Street, S.E. to the south.
The goals of the Anacostia BID are as follows:
- To make the Anacostia BID Area clean, safe and vibrant community focused through providing supplemental services to those services that are currently provided by the District of Columbia Government.
- To attract and retain commercial office and retail tenants.
- To attract local residents and visitors to be returning customers from the Greater Washington DC Metropolitan Area.
- To increase sales, create jobs and increase occupancy rates in commercial properties throughout the Anacostia BID Area.
- To increase and manage public and private investment in the Anacostia BID Area.
- To increase the use of technology for training and marketing throughout the Anacostia BID Area.
Anacostia Business Improvement District