The LUMEN8ANACOSTIA festival finale is free and open to the public!
Light up your taste buds and enjoy live entertainment at the Los Verracos Foods Restaurant Pop-Up at the LUMEN8Anacostia Finale!
Pre-order your dinner through Eventbrite to skip the line and get a FREEglass of mint limeade.
We will be serving Spicy Jerk Chicken (or Jerked Tofu), Latin Rice and Peas (Arroz con gandules), and an alfajor cookie sandwich for only $12.00 a plate.
On, Ward 8 Lights up with the LUMEN8ANACOSTIA closing party
Anacostia Arts Center
1231 Good Hope Road, SE
Enjoy Go-Go, Glow, Disco and Funk during this FREE event.
The evening includes LIVE music from The Afro Funk All Stars, Ras Lidj and Deep Band, and Glitterlust.
Plus check out art galleries, interactive exhibitions, and glow performances!
Come early for the East of the River Artist Award at Honfleur Gallery (next door) and to view their exhibitions from.
More at http://lumen8anacostia.com/
LUMEN8ANACOSTIA, Anacostia Arts Center, and Honfleur Gallery at projects of ARCH Development Corporation.
- Honfleur’s exhibit Mynd Up by BK ADAMS•I AM ART and The Gallery at Vivid Solutions’ exhibitChocolate City Rest in Peace by photographer Steven M. Cummings will be on view until .
Continuing at the new Anacostia Arts Center at pop-up restaurant from Los Verracos—Jerk Chicken, Jerk Tofu, Mint Limeade, and delicious Alfajores for dessert!: live music, light-up dance performances, art exhibitions,
- Free chair massages from the advanced students at Potomac Massage Training Institute.
: Ras Lidj and Deep Band combine the vibes of Roots Reggae, Dancehall and DC’s own Go-Go = “Regg’Go.”
: Glitterlust queer discopunk band lights up the late-set with its light show, wild costumes, and interactive performances.
Between the music, performers Strange Powers and Ben Drexler will be hooping and spinning LED elements to light up the black box theatre.
- After dark, dancers Eleni Grove and Matina Phillips electrify the Lounge with lighted human tableaux.
Exhibits at the Anacostia Arts Center include:
- Elsabé Dixon’s interactive Wings, Weaving, and Worms; paintings from Gustavo Diaz Sosa;
- Film.Still: Ward 8 Students Abroad curated by BRAY Creative and Nomenclature;
- The Anacostia Art Gallery and Boutique, featuring art from the African Diaspora;
- And for the night internationally recognized neon artist Craig Kraft will literally brighten the Anacostia Arts Center.